Monday, August 1, 2011

Tele belly

The other day, I got a sms from one of my friends asking for some medicines for his father who apparently had ‘loose stomach’. Without thinking twice, I wrote back instructing him to ask his father whether it was smelly, sticky and watery etc. Here is  the scene -  the father is a 60 year old, non- humorous, no-nonsense kind of a person who is presently making frequent trips to the loo and the helpless son with a one point agenda of completing my questionnaire, all set to interrogate his father with the earnestness of a newly joined FBI agent.

Son  - Is your stools sticky?”
Father..( gives him a vague look) - Why? .. I can’t tell since I don’t have the habit of peering into what goes into the pot"
Son ( musters some courage) – "Is it watery?"
Father – “Excuse me.. I thought loose meant just that”
Son ( thoroughly embarrassed by now, but continues undaunted) – "Is it smelly?”
Father ( shocked look...  his son who had never before even asked him how his general health was, now, is actually asking him whether his pottie is stinking -  “ ................”  
Son  – “Forget it”

Then the son telephones me as if is there was as emergency .. ‘ Doc  how can you make me enquire about my father’s pottie health?.. Can’t u suggest a pill which doesn’t  require those answers? 

I could have.. but com'on I am licensed to ask.  Anyways, I decided that will be my last gastro-entero-tele-phonic consultation. I am happy to be dealing with the matters of the heart. 


On a related note, you may want to take care when you travel to Thailand. Saw this sticker out there behind a cabbie's seat. No clues on a solution other than - 


                                                          'Stop the car, I want to break wind'









7 comments:

  1. Super hilarious one this was :-) Rofl...Rofl...Rofl!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good one or shall i say it's Shitty Good ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sadhana...with due respect to your friend's father ...'Daddy Belly' and Windy Bangkok are really funny!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sadhana, must say I have really enjoyed reading your blogs. Glad to know your sense of humour is intact and love the quirky way you convey your views. Keep up the good work!

    Chetan Shatapathy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Shit!!...it stinks Jelly Belly!! ...time for you to script a movie story...forget the heart...it can be gut guffawing ...ala Chetan Bhagat....think about it...hit the tinsel town!! Old Monk

    ReplyDelete
  6. don't tell me you are clueless about the most common solution - pretending that its one of the other passenger/passengers in the car - if its just the driver and you just ignore as you are never gonna see his face again !

    ReplyDelete