Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Jaibreaking.. the curent craze?

‘Get me ur Ipad.. I will jailbreak it for you’ said my friend’s 16 year old son yesterday. Geez… whatever we might do to look young, these younger lot have a way of making us look ancient. Hence the blog on ‘JAILBREAKING’ for all my friends who have hormone laden teenagers at home.

Jailbreak apparently refers to removing the limitations posed by Apple on its devices like Iphone and  IPad so as to enable the use of other unauthorized applications. That means you can load Non I-store applications or download the paid apps for free. Don’t be surprised, jailbreaking is legal in US. Somehow I fail to understand the logic. It is akin to the riots which happened in London where people walked away with TVs and mobiles and someone says it is legitimate to do so. 

Breaking laws/ rules/ codes seems to have their own appeal and agenda as breaking prisons and marriages have their own purpose ..... which is Freedom.  Remember we used to dance the night away to the1980's number 'I want to break free' by the British rock band Queen .. I am sure all the married folks are still singing it. 

Now for my favorite one liner on Jailbreak 


What are you doing here? Was there a jailbreak at the zoo? 


3 comments: