Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Listophilia

I apparently have a problem. I mean I have lots of them like being supremely intelligent and good looking. No I am not complaining about any of these. There is a peculiar problem which I have. I am a Listophiliac.  I make lists ... lots of them. 

Lists help us keep organized and productive. In addition to the routine ‘grocery list’, the daily ‘to- do’ list and other lists for the taxmen,  I have 200 other active  lists. Here are some 

  1. List of things I need to google – Ohh, these include a lot of new words like jailbreaking, affluenza, baggravation and what was that camelfinger.. or toe?
  2. List of files I need to duplicate/ back-up - I keep backing up all my files in six different storage methods including some hand written scrolls which I have buried in my mothers house. (The future East Sea Scrolls ?)
  3. List of the places I have been and places I plan to visit – Including hotel names, the tariff, the size of the bathroom
  4. List of food I dislike -  this one is the longest with more than 300 entries including vegetables, lentils, fruits, scorpion kebabs, smoked lizards and other creepy crawlies
  5. List of formal and informal grudges – This include historical fights, family transgressions and trivial personal vendettas.  (I may forgive, but forgetting is out of question)
  6. List of friends currently out of flavor - I am considering changing it to those in favor.. its shorter.
  7. List of people with obnoxious habits.
  8. List of my medical complaints –  This one is the shortest  .. has only two entries - headache and severe headache
  9. List of my hubby’s girlfriends – all of them are either a Bannerjee or Chatterjee .. and an occasional Deb
  10. And a list of the lists

The lists keep changing. I enjoy making them as much as I enjoy changing them. Do they contribute to my success?. Not sure they do, but they keep me happy 




2 comments:

  1. After reading this I definitely have to google "Listophilia" ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey....I can empathize...am a Listophiliac too, cant function without them!! :)

    ReplyDelete