Friday, November 11, 2011

To Sis with love


God doesn’t have the time to listen  ... so I guess he made sisters.

All my female friends who have sisters will endorse my views completely and those who don’t have one, read on to know what you are missing (too late to get one now! )... but if you have a daughter, try to get her a sister. For the guys .. well skip this blog... you will never understand!

I come from pre-microsoft era or should I say Doordarshan days when entertainment was available only in limited edition.  No telephones. No chatting with friends.  Even talking to relatives in other cities was a long process where we had to place ‘Trunk calls’ and scream ‘Hello’ more number of times than the actual matter. 

That is where a sister figures in.

A sister would invariably be our first friend or confidante. She would cover up for you .. mostly. She would listen to you..  out of no choice mostly. We would bicker or squabble, but when we are put up against a common opponent  (which would invariably be a parent) we would present a united front.  If one or the other is being reproached for some misdemeanour, the other will inevitably pipe up in defense.

Like wine, the sisterly bond goes so much deeper as we grow older. We have much to discuss - our children, our spouses, our parents and well ...not to miss our ancestral property.

Sibling rivalry or revelry?  In my case it was more of revelry since I was a bully and my sis is such a sweet thing. I admire her quiet yet confident, neutral yet determined, down-to-earth nature. I don’t know what she admires in me.. but I  assume she does

Ok sis.. here it is ...a huge compliment from me as a birthday gift.
 .
 ‘You top the list of things which I didn’t select and is still great’


3 comments:

  1. Awesome :)... I second you... I totally understand what it is to have a sister :)... Well written :).. Kabba

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally true...sisters are BEST FRIENDS...loved the blog :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved this one on sisters and totally endorse it- the one person to whom you can open your heart and get an empathetic hearing and she is always there for you any time of the day or night! Thank God he created them. They are as good as great stress busters and as good as hot chocolate!!

    ReplyDelete