Thursday, June 30, 2011

The word is DK Bose

Last night my self-professed ‘know-it all’ image underwent a dent.

I DID NOT KNOW !!!!  My entire group of friends knew what it meant. I believe even my neighbour’s 15 year something son and that means the nation’s youth knows it. One consolation though, all my friends unanimously agreed, that by the time the sun set the next day, I would have sought, knocked or asked GOD or simply GOOGLED and sent out this mail on the latest craze to catch the nation.

The word is DK BOSE... or should I say BOSE DK and most guys like to spread the word. 

There must be millions like me who didn't get the meaning of the DK Bose song from the movie Delhi Belly which is seemingly harmless when said normally but throws up a different meaning altogether when said repetitively.  Very cleverly disguised, but still sets a new benchmark towards the openness of sexuality in our country.

Now that I know the meaning, I am neither surprised nor shocked.. What the ****.  English expletives are so commonly used in urban India that it no longer raises eyebrows. I am certain that all our Hindi speaking brethren in the countryside must be freely using its Hindi equivalents too. But sadly our uber-cool angrezi-speaking Indians seem to have some inhibition or aversion to the slangs in our mother tongue. Even my own friends, excepting one reliable guy, could not get themselves to explain what it meant.


I am still clueless what’s slanglish about female genitals or for that matter any body part of any being?  But who am I to question... I am only concerned that it doesn't become a trend setter of sorts. 

Not sure whether to give a thumbs up or thumbs down to Aamir Khan for being Overbold and offensive.

6 comments:

  1. Even i didn't get the meaning till the song actually caught up on TV....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I knew that you would find out everything about it by the morning; but didn't expect a blog on it !

    George

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for enlightening me ...I had no clue abt it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am truly shocked galz...no, I did not hear the song or not that the word has been used in a public forum. I am shocked and refuse to believe your claim on ignorance/innocence. Can't be..Just don't believe....Or, is there something more than what meets the ear? Something I am missing here...and making a fool of myself.

    These days every slang word of the US has become world's slang as if that is now institutionally rendered like a veda. Money makes many things RIGHT AND MIGHT.

    Wish I could educate the curious minds on the other slang words (for once, I feel empowered though I generally make a fool of myself)...AHA gives me a tickle....Today seems to be my day...Alas but my own inhibitions are holding me back.... pssst. May be one notch better than Amir....V

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey V ... I think you didn't get the word buddy. We are referring to a Hindi slang here and it is not something a non-hindi speaking person ought to know..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey .......took me a bit to figure out too :( felt rather silly to admit it though!!!

    F

    ReplyDelete